Published on June 5, 2015 | Full release on Github
New major version. Highlights include:
- Reformulated multicomponent diffusion calculation to improve 1D solver convergence.
- Introduction of Species and Reaction classes which can be used to construct and modify ThermoPhase / Kinetics objects on-the-fly, without necessarily using CTI/XML input files. See the new examples extract_submechanism.py and mechanism_reduction.py.
- Better handling of CTI and XML files: Parsed CTI and XML files are cached based on modification time and file content, and implicit conversions are done without generating .xml files. Phases can be imported directly from XML or CTI strings. Both CTI and XML files can import species and reactions from other CTI or XML files.
- Enable re-initialization of reactor networks, which improves efficiency for integration with CFD-like codes - see the example surf_pfr.py.
- Introduction of a simple radiation model for flames (optically thin, gray gas for CO2 and H2O) - see the example diffusion_flame.py.
- Efficient sensitivity analysis of 1D flame solutions (see flamespeed_sensitivity.py).
- Added strain rate calculations for diffusion flames (see diffusion_flame_extinction.py and diffusion_flame_batch.py).
- Added premixed counterflow flame configuration to Python module (see premixed_counterflow_flame.py).
- Allow Sundials to link to external (optimized) BLAS/LAPACK libraries.
- Support for Sundials 2.6.
- Updated Matlab toolbox documentation, which is included in the online HTML documentation.
- Source code (all platforms) - Download
cantera-2.2.0.tar.gzbelow, and see the compilation guide.
- Windows MSI installers for x86 and x64 systems, including Python modules for Python 2.7, 3.3, and 3.4. See installation instructions for details.
- Ubuntu packages for Trusty (14.04 LTS), Utopic, and Vivid via a Launchpad PPA; see installation instructions
- OS X Homebrew formula; see installation instructions